- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy and one (1) year related experience
- Current license in good standing to practice Pharmacy in New York State, required.
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience, required.
- Mail Order and Specialty Pharmacy experience preferred.
Interprets, compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceutical supplies, using standard physical and chemical procedures to fill written prescriptions issued by physicians, and other qualified prescribers. Provides Pharmacist Verification for Mail Order and Specialty pharmacy prescriptions.
- Interprets and enters drug orders and patient data into computer profile.Selects, prepares and dispenses drug products to fill outpatient prescriptions. Labels drug products as per procedure.
- Performs Pharmacist Verification 1 (PV1) to ensure order entry, medication indication, and claim adjudication is completed accurately for Mail Order and Specialty medications.
- Evaluates physician medication orders for appropriateness of drug dosage, potential interactions, and route of administration.Makes recommendations for therapy modifications as needed to health care providers.
- Maintains patient database to include appropriate current and past medical history, appropriate clinical and laboratory data, and concurrent medication review.
- Assists management in monitoring call center metrics to ensure Abandonment Rate, Average Speed of Answer (ASA), and customer service exceeds industry standards set forth by accrediting organizations, manufacturers, and payers.
- Interacts with health care personnel and outpatients to provide information on drug action or delivery of various medications.
- Provides telephonic counseling for new and existing patients, and documents Initial Assessments, Re-Assessments, Care Plans, and Clinical Interventions when appropriate.
- Performs Pharmacist Verification 2 (PV2) to ensure accurate dispensing of Mail Order and Specialty medications.
- Assists management during PV2 to ensure staff compliance with procedures relating to state and federal regulations, procurement, and disposal of medications.
- Complies with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) mandates and self-imposed manufacturer restrictions on particular drugs, as applicable including Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) programs and manufacturer limited distribution drug requirements.
- Performs related duties, as required.