Southside Hospital, Bay Shore, NY
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy and one (1) year related experience or PharmD, required.
- Current license in good standing to practice Pharmacy in New York State, required.
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience including retail pharmacy and application of REMS safety process(es) including, but not limited to, a Medication Guide, Patient Package Insert, communication plan, elements to assure safe use, an implementation system and a timetable for assessment within the last five (5) year, required.
- Immunization Certification, required.
Interprets, compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceutical supplies, using standard physical and chemical procedures to fill written prescriptions issued by physicians, and other qualified prescribers. Enters drug orders into computer profile.
- Interprets and enters drug orders and patient data into computer profile. Selects, prepares and dispenses drug products to fill outpatient prescriptions. Labels drug products as per procedure.
- Dispenses employee prescriptions, initiates profile system, and provides drug information.
- Interacts with health care personnel and outpatients to provide information on drug action or delivery of various medications.
- Screen for drug allergy and drug interactions. Notes drugs or classes of drugs contraindicated in specific disease states.
- Performs and trouble shoots order entry, claim adjudication, prior authorizations, PA appeal process, and Patient Assistance Programs.
- Reviews patient charts and nursing medication-charting documents for accuracy and completeness to maintain accurate patient profile.
- Provides high-touch specialty pharmacy clinical management to promote adherence, and decrease adverse drugs events.
- Compiles with Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC) accreditation to complete and document Initial Assessments, Re-Assessments, Care Plans, and Clinical Interventions.
- Maintain records and inventory of medications. Maintains records of transactions and delivery.
- Provides clinical pharmacy services, including immunizations, etc. to outpatients.
- Executes point-of-sale transactions and closes-out registers.
- Complies with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) mandates and self-imposed manufacturer restrictions on particular drugs, as applicable including Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) safety programs and manufacturer limited distribution drug requirements.
- Performs related duties as required.