Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Graduate of a recognized Pharmacy Technician Training Programor PTCB Certification (CPHT), required.
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience as a Pharmacy Technician including retail pharmacy with a computerized system within the last three (3) years, required.
- Ability to learn computerized retail pharmacy system.
- Strong communications skills, required.
- Bilingual, preferred.
Assists in the preparation of medications. Assists in maintaining records and reports. Maintains sufficient inventories at workstations.
- Assists Registered Pharmacist in the non-professional (non-judgmental) aspects of preparing and dispensing medication.
- Fills, packages, labels and stocks medications.
- Fills bottles or other package forms with measured amount of medication either manually or mechanically.
- Labels containers of drugs according to department specification, either manually or mechanically.
- Fills medication orders in outpatient area.
- Responsible for extemporaneous medication packaging, as required.
- Assists Registered Pharmacist in maintaining a variety of records and reports.
- Maintains records for medication in outpatient area.
- Assists in the maintenance of statistics and records for all medication orders.
- Enters orders into computer system.
- Maintains sufficient inventory at workstations in Pharmacy.
- Transports required pharmacy material, as necessary.
- Receives and maintains records of stock and inventory control.
- Assists in material control by maintaining records and inventories.
- Maintains placement of sufficient daily inventory of supplies.
- Operates point-of-sale cash register system according to department policies while ensuring positive customer experience.
- Interacts with customers and healthcare providers (or Pharmacy Benefit Managers) to help facilitate the filling of prescriptions, handle/resolve rejections, and obtain prior authorization which will expedite prescriptions into the workflow.
- Complies with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) mandates and self-imposed manufacturer restrictions on particular drugs, as applicable including Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) programs and manufacturer limited distribution drug requirements.
- Performs related duties, as required.