Southside Hospital, Bay Shore, NY
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy from a five (5) year program, required. PharmD, preferred.
- Current New York State Pharmacy registration, required.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience as a registered Pharmacist including experience in a leadership role, required.
- Knowledge of Community Pharmacy practice, required.
Supervises and coordinates staff in the planning of Pharmacy activities in accordance with established standards. Compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceutical products using standard physical and chemical procedures to fill written prescriptions. Reviews written prescriptions for accuracy, completeness and issuance by an authorized prescriber. Maintains records and statistics.
- Supervises, hires, trains, disciplines and evaluates the performance of assigned Pharmacy staff. Ensures performance appraisals are completed in a timely manner.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Supervises pharmacists and technicians in compounding medications, filling written prescriptions and medication requests.
- Regularly communicates with Pharmacy staff concerning information obtained on medications such as warnings, drug compatibility and incompatibility or other pharmaceuticals.
- Informs Director of activities, needs and problems within the department.
- Assists in establishing, updating and maintaining the Pharmacy computer system and maintains all patient prescription charges, pharmaceutical supplies and controlled substance files.
- Maintains adequate controls over requisitioning and dispensing of all pharmaceuticals.
- Dispenses medications to customers and outpatients in accordance with established policy and procedure including reviewing orders for completeness, interactions, incompatibilities and other inconsistencies.
- Consults with prescriber when discrepancies are identified.
- Handles unusual problems to resolution and prepares billing charges.
- Provides clinical pharmacy services, including immunizations and outpatient counseling.
- Performs related duties, as required.