As a Vivo Health Pharmacy patient, you have certain rights and responsibilities.
- The right to considerate and respectful care
- The right to information about the patient management program
- The right to relevant, current, and understandable information concerning your medication therapy and treatment from pharmacists and other direct caregivers
- The right to information related to your specific drug therapy, including possible adverse side effects and drug interactions
- The right to information about the patient management program, before and during treatment, and the right to refuse a recommended treatment or care plan
- The right to competent counseling from the pharmacist, to help you understand your medications and use them correctly
- The right to the name and job title of all program staff members, and the right to speak with a staff member’s supervisor
- The right to reasonable privacy of personal health information, which will be shared with the patient management program only in accordance with state and federal law
- The right to administrative information regarding changes in, or termination of, the patient management program
- The right to decline to participate, revoke consent, or cancel enrollment at any point in time*
The collaborative nature of health care requires that patients, or their families, participate in their care. The effectiveness of patient care and patient satisfaction with the course of drug therapy will depend, in part, on the patient fulfilling certain responsibilities.
- To submit all forms required of program participants
- To provide accurate clinical information (including current medications, medication history, and drug and food allergies) and to notify the patient management program of any changes
- To notify the provider treating you of your participation in the patient management program, if applicable
- To request clarification about the drugs you are taking if you do not fully understand the information and instructions you have been given
- To follow a medication regimen as instructed by your physician
- To notify your provider and pharmacist if you choose to end your medication therapy
- To notify your provider and pharmacist of changes in address or insurance information
- To accept any financial responsibility not covered by insurance
*You can opt out of the patient management program by contacting the Vivo Health Pharmacy location that provides your patient management services or by sending an email to the customer advocacy service at email@example.com.